Friday, February 21, 2014

Give Back


The paradigm shift that I experienced in January is reverberating throughout the universe! I am seeing the word GIVE everywhere. It's on posters at the YMCA, in magazine articles and part of conversations and interviews. I believe this sense of giving is being felt globally, and one that could rock the world.

As I begin to process this concept and what the impact potential could possibly be, I am excited about the possibilities. What if EVERYONE gave just one dollar every month to a cause they were passionate about supporting. Can you imagine the changes that could occur? What if EVERYONE did one action that affected someone or something in a positive way every month? This action doesn't necessarily require spending any money. Could you volunteer to read to children at the school, or could you rock preemie babies in the intensive care unit, or could you spend a day at the animal rescue center petting a dog or cat who's` waiting for a home? Think about what your resources are and make use of what's available.

Here's what I put together recently. Our son is a counselor at an inpatient substance abuse center for men. He called me one day and said that someone had a button that needed to be reattached to his shirt.
Of the many men that come and go from a facility such as that one, many will need a button sewn, a tear repaired or at the very least, have the need for a safety pin as an emergency measure. So I began to collect items from my studio and came up with a sewing and repairing kit to keep handy at the facility for all to use.  I included an easy to follow description of how to thread the needle and reattach a button.


This is a small gesture that gave me a large reward, knowing that I could make a difference in someone else's life.  So, now it's your turn. Dust off the engine and start the cog wheels a-turning....what can YOU do to

GIVE BACK?



No comments:

Post a Comment